I will be on sabbatical leave January 14 - June 27, 2008. I have notified the Music and Dance faculty, and
talked with Suzanne Bell (Music Reserve Lab) and Peter Shea (Music Cataloger) about assistance they will
offer during my leave.
Music reference questions will come directly to the Du Bois Reference Desk. If you need assistance with a question,
please email Peter Shea (shea@library.umass.edu). Peter would prefer email rather than phone calls or in-person questions.
If Peter is unable to answer the question, he will direct the question back to the Reference Desk and the Reference
Staff will refer the question to:
1. Jane Beebe, Amherst College Music Librarian
jabeebe@amherst.edu
542-5007 (Cataloging Department, where Jane spends much of her time)
542-2667 (Music Library)
2. Marlene Wong, Smith College Performing Arts Librarian
mmwong@smith.edu
585-2931 (Josten Library for the Performing Arts)
Dance questions that our staff can't answer can also be directed to Marlene Wong. I rarely have dance questions,
so I expect there will be very little activity in this area.
If all else fails, please contact me by email or call me at home (549-2667).
The Music Faculty have been informed that the only music ordering will be for items needed for Reserve, and those
orders are to be directed to Suzanne Bell in the Music Reserve Lab. The Music Faculty have also been informed that
library instruction for music classes will not be available during Spring semester. Please do not accept any donations of
materials until I return.
As for non-music matters:
Althea will be in charge of the schedule, and Liz will coordinate eref.
If you have any questions before I leave on January 11, please let me know.
Thanks to everyone who will cover for me while I am on leave. I appreciate your help.
Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment